2007 will go down as the year of the turkey burger at my house. In an effort to maintain a healthier lifestyle, we submitted to the turkey substitute phenomenon. After choking down many a bird burger, fowl taco, and winged spaghetti dish, I think I've finally convinced my wife that turkey is not a good substitute for beef. Glory, glory, hallelujah! Back to beef it is. Truthfully, we've seen no real health benefits from our feathered friend. Usually, only frowning and disappointment prevailed when trying to enjoy one of life's greatest table treats. Sure the bearded bird is great as a sandwich meat, and can only be rivaled by honey-smothered pig bum as the main meat of the holidays. But to allow it to push aside the hoofed-wonder? No way. Not in my house. Not anymore. Yep, the beloved bovine is back between the buns where it belongs. Yippie!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
impressive. especially "honey smothered pig bum"...priceless
I LOVE your word choices! Hilarious. MEAT!
You've really got a way with words J! I'm with you though - turkey burgers just don't get it:)
You crack me up!! We have a blog now too! Come see :)
I think it's time for a new post...and I don't think I'm alone here.
um. excuse me. kristin here YEAH. heeha. blogspot. sucka. anyway- two words: TALKING HEADS! we are one in the same. we are twins. amen.
Post a Comment