As you may or may not have guessed, I'm back in Little Rock. Today was different than most. I was able to get away from the office for most of the day. The company that we're doing this project for has moved into their new building across the river. It's nice and brand spankin' new. I spent most of the day there dealing with files. No rats there. Confused? Read the earlier blogs.
On my way back to this side of town, I stopped in a newer area to grab lunch. It reminded me of home. Crazy traffic and roads that don't go n, s, e, & w. I found a McAllister's. I'm typically not a big fan of McA's, but I thought it would be a nice change of pace. Boy was I right! I don't usually thank God for my food as I'm leaving a restaurant, but considering my usual food choices on Geyer Springs road, this was fantastic!
I got back in the car and headed for the office. I missed the turn to get back on the freeway, so I decided to take a stroll through downtown about 5 miles away. That was fine. I got on the freeway downtown and knew where I was then. Not paying attention, I missed another turn. That one was not fine. It turned out the next exit was about 10 miles away. That's right. Ten miles to turn around, and ten miles back. Yuck! In all, a 5 mile trip cost me about 30. Oh well, I had nothing better to do. Right?
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
glad you're posting... Is it just sick to say that I look forward to you working out of town because you post? Yes, it's sick. Sorry, I'm pretty selfish.
Post a Comment