well here i am on the road again...isn't that a bad bob seger (sp) song...little rock has received me well...it could have been really ugly...i had plenty to do to keep me busy today though...i just hate sleeping in hotel rooms miles from home...but i've had enough experience...i should be used to it now...i miss my wife...my kids...my friends...my dogs...i have my God though...thankfully he's always with me...he's really good about letting me know that too...not that he has to...but he wants to...that's the cool thing...pray that i'll take advantage of the extended amounts of time i can spend with him over the next few weeks...i need it...
we retreated again last week...pastors and staff and their spouses...what a good time...it was nice to relax and spend time with everybody...i wish we could do that more...mucho profitable...a few people didn't get to go...i was disappointed about that...i was really looking forward to hanging out with them...but we pushed on anyway...
my daughters were baptized yesterday...wow...what an experience...marli was first and she told everyone at oak mountain why she was getting baptized...it was great...kaelyn went second...she was quiet and only responded to pastor harry's questions with an "mm-hmm"...she's such a sweetheart...those girls love jesus...
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey...believe me, we'd be in B'ham yesterday if it was up to me. Give X a few more years to finish school and we'll be there!
Oh, I hate that I missed that! We love you guys. How I hate that you are far away from your family. Have a good week and I shall will it to faster. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
That is me willing. I'll keep it up.
"those girls love jesus..."
What a powerful statement. Covenant family is a gift. I used to think that my "testimony" sucked, not really much drama in a 6 year old conversion. But as I grow in my understanding of Grace I begin to realize what a powerful gift my testimony really is...that I have never known a time in my life when I did not know my God. Like the Israelites of old, God was in a covenant bond with my parents which is now born out in my life and the lives of my kids. To say "my kids love Jesus"...radical, powerful, the way things are supposed to be.
Have fun in Arkansas. Say hi to McFadden for me. That guy's a BEAST!
Post a Comment